Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Life.

I was having this conversation with someone via e-mail and all of this came out of me.  I liked it so I wanted to post it.


"I think when it comes to the natural process of life, not everything can be explained. Somethings are better left alone and mysterious. Yes, I am a firm believer in taking control of things and making your own reality but things will always slip through the cracks. We are human and no one is perfect. It's okay when things don't always go as planned, because time will always clear out a clean plate for you if you need it to. Then you can just start over and try again. That is what I am loving about my life. Time is like a conveyor belt. Beautiful thing is, that conveyor belt will never break down. It will keep going with or without me. But if I put positive energy into it, it will bring me all kinda of excitement. For the most part it will bring good, but it will every once in a while bring out the potholes of life. Thing is, I just refuse to get stuck in those. I take a little bit more of that time to recover but then pick up and go again. I kind of compare life to an adrenaline junkie with extreme sports. Some people when they'd get hurt, they'd stay away from the sport altogether. But the ones who truly love the sport, keep going. They know they may get hurt again but they love what they do, and taking that chance is worth the risk. They also understand that getting hurt doesn't mean that they necessarily did anything wrong, it's just what life threw at them that moment. It doesn't happen every time. It's the mysterious part that slipped through the crack. You can try to learn from it what you can. But don't waste too much time on it.. it's like the serenity prayer. 

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment